Friday, March 21, 2008

How To hack Philips DVP 3166

Recently I got a Philips DVP 3166. When I tried playing a my favorite movie "Me, Myself and Irene" 's original disc on it , the player denied showing me "wrong region" error. I thought It was something to do with the NTSC/PAL system( how dumb ain't it?) then when it didn't work I promptly did a search which gave me this hack.
just follow these steps for a successful hack.

1) Open the Setup menu then go to the Preference page.
if the player is skipping it then press stop twice and try again.
2) Press 1 3 8 9 3 1 on the keypad of the Remote Control.
3) Options will be available to be selected.
4) Press UP / DOWN key to select the desire Region Code.
5) Press OK.
Note:Region 0 = "playable in all regions" - aka "region free" (Also known informally as "All regions")


then I inserted the disc once again...... Bingo! the Disc started playing.....

All thanks to this web site called videohelp.com.

Happy hacking and happy DVD viewing

3 comments:

Ren said...

Hi Man

Thanks a lot for the hack,it worked for me as well. Take care man

Ren

Srivathsa said...

Hi,

Thanks a lot.It worked for me too.

- Srivathsa

Unknown said...

Thanks a ton buddy.. my friend had given me a whole lot of dvds but cudnt play it for the same reason... This worked fantastically... Thanks once again.....